Supporting Facilities for Student Activities
Universitas Gdajah Mada provides facilities and services to support students’ interests and talents development, such as the following:
- Pancasila Stadium
The stadium is located in the valley region (Lembah UGM) and used for activities such as soccer, athletics, hockey, and many other activities allowed by the Rector of UGM. In addition, the stadium can be used not only by UGM students and academicians but also publics with the permits of the Rector.
- Badminton and Tennis Courts
The courts are in the the valley region (Lembah UGM) and can be used not only by UGM students and academicians but also publics with the permits of the Rector.
- Students Hall
Student Hall consists of Management’s Secretariat Office, meeting rooms, secretariats of the Student Activity Units, and the hall itself. The hall is used for activities such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, hockey, and self defense or martial arts sports. Besides that, the hall is fit to conduct activities like exhibition and art performances. Schedule of the Students Hall usage has been arranged by the Students Hall’s Manager in collaboration with the Communication Forum of the Student Activity Units. To use the facilities beyond the predetermined schedule, users must submit a written request or permit to Director of Student Affairs through the Manager of Student Center and Facilites.
How to use the courts and rooms in Students Hall
Below is the procedure of how to use the courts and rooms in the Students Hall:
- The applicants must represent a club, Student Activity Unit, event committee, or student community at UGM. Applicants are not individuals.
- Before applying for permits, applicants must request the court or room availability to the Student Center and Facilites Manager, telephone (0274) 6492585.
- Applicants apply for permission to use a court/ space devoted to the Director of Student Affairs of UGM through the Student Center and Facilites Manager. No later than seven days before the proposed permit application date, state the day and date, the desired time, kind of activity, and when to complete the administrative process in the Office of Students Hall Management. The letter of application should be known by the Vice Dean for Academics and Student Affairs or other vice dean related to the students’ faculty. If the applicants are UGM employees, the letter should be acknowledged by the Vice Dean for Administration, Finance, and Human Resources. Meanwhile, if the applicants are Student Community or Student Executive Board, the letter should be acknowledged respectively by the Advisor of Student Activity Unit or the Chairman.
- Directorate of Student Affairs through the Student Center and Facilities Manager will issue permits for the use of courts/spaces after getting the approval from the Director of Student Affairs.
- The permits to use the court or rooms must be shown to the officers at the time when activities are conducted.
- Users of the courts or rooms are subject to funding fee contributions for the maintenance of the facilities determined by the Manager.